RK Litigation is proud to announce that Graham Kosakoski is representing the Pivot Legal Society in its motion to intervene in The Queen v. Boudreault at the Supreme Court of Canada. This appeal concerns the constitutionality of the mandatory victim surcharge enacted by the previous federal government. The surcharge requires judges to impose a fine on all offenders for all offences, regardless of the circumstances of the offender, including ability to pay.
Pivot Legal Society is a legal advocacy organization based in Vancouver’s notorious Downtown Eastside. Founded in 2000, Pivot’s aim is to represent and defend the marginalized and disenfranchised.
More to come.
- RK Litigation: Yahoo E-Mail Data Breach and Identity Theft Investigation
- Supreme Court of Canada: Graham Kosakoski represents Pivot Legal Society in Motion to Intervene
- Defendants Apply for Stay of Proceedings in Lemon Creek Criminal Trial
- Lemon Creek Evacuee Statements Due October 2, 2017
- Lemon Creek Fuel Spill Class Action Evacuee Statement Available for Download