Reuters is reporting that Yahoo has admitted that all 3 billion of its accounts were hacked in a 2013 data theft, tripling its earlier estimate of the size of the largest breach in history. The information was protected with outdated, easy-to-crack encryption, according to academic experts and included security questions and backup email addresses, which could make it easier to break into other accounts held by the users.
Rosenberg Kosakoski LLP is investigating the possibility of a class action lawsuit on behalf of the Canadian owners of Yahoo e-mail accounts that were compromised in this security breach. If you are the owner of a @yahoo.com or @yahoo.ca e-mail account, please contact us for more information.
- RK Litigation: Yahoo E-Mail Data Breach and Identity Theft Investigation
- Supreme Court of Canada: Graham Kosakoski represents Pivot Legal Society in Motion to Intervene
- Defendants Apply for Stay of Proceedings in Lemon Creek Criminal Trial
- Lemon Creek Evacuee Statements Due October 2, 2017
- Lemon Creek Fuel Spill Class Action Evacuee Statement Available for Download